Dotnet library that will implement the core of the Content Management Interoperability Services standards proposal (CMIS) along with a toolbox for building your own implementations of CMIS.
NCMIS: .NET Content Management Interoperability Services
Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) is a specification for improving interoperability between Enterprise Content Management systems,
The goal of this project is to provide a library and toolbox that allows develops to produce and consume CMIS, as defined in the Oasis specification.
NCMIS is still being developed, but here is an outline of the contents of this library toolbox:
- Business classes and related enums for all CMIS entities: Repository, Document, Folder, Policy, Relationship, Property.
- Protocol handlers for REST/ATOM and SOAP. Currently only REST is implemented.
- Abstract base classes for producers that can be inherited and extended to implement your own CMIS producer.
- Sample producer that you can use to test consumers against.
- .NET based CMIS Explorer to explore and test your CMIS producers.
- CMIS validator. Not implemented.
- ASP.NET Virtual Path Provider sample consumer. Not implemented.
- System.IO sample producer. Not implemented.
There is still a lot of work to do and we are looking for volunteers on this project. If you are interested in contributing please let us know!